Thursday, July 25, 2013

Story of me and My LOVE Cat..............


Story of me and My LOVE Cat..............

Hey! I had lived with diabetes since I was 18 and have good and bad days. When my little boy was 5 we decided we should go to the cat shelter and get a pet. The one we all fell in love with was also diabetic, I think this gave me an extra bond with her.

Of cause, it turned out somebody had dumped her because of her diabetes. I wanted to look after her and new how she must be feeling. It took a few days for us to take her home as someone from the cattery came round to ensure our house was suitable. The cattery had her prescription so I new what I needed to get. And after a few months ..........I had to start getting the insulin on line as it was much cheaper.

But I injected her twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I kept an eye on her diet and in 6 months she lost 5lb, even though she wasn’t too fat she was over weight. I could always tell if her levels were high as she looked like I felt sometimes!



Of cause,  the joy that I have had in the past 18 months with her has been amazing, I really think I have changed her life. It has also made me more aware of my diabetes, over the last few years I have got quite bad and my HbA1c had increased to 7.4, but after looking after the cat and myself better my last result was 6.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, who would have though a cat would have made me look after myself better…!!!!!!!!!!!Share stories to inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment