Thursday, July 25, 2013

Morgan- my LOVE

Good days!  I am well known in this small town, seeing how it revolves around football and farming, and I am the starting quarterback and my father owns the biggest farm here. But, I am not only known for my football skills, I am also known for being the guy who breaks hearts and never falls in love. Of cause, or a while I believed that was true about myself, I was aware that I could get any girl I wanted to do what I wanted and I took full advantage of that. But, this summer was different, all because of one girl named M.
Morgan wasn’t new to the town, and she was quite beautiful, but for a reason I do not know I never tried to hook up with her. I only knew her indirectly at the start of the summer because I was in “relationship” with her best friend. Oh…At my annual end of school party where everyone was invited I was surprised to see M. there. …She looked so beautiful; she had blonde hair, blue eyes, and a short, small body. I decided to go and talk with her hoping to hook up with her but, from that moment on I was hooked…… There was something about her that I loved right away. I didn’t want to just hook up with her and move on but I actually wanted her as my girlfriend.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the party we were able to talk as if we were old friends. But, I didn’t want to be just friends. As the summer went on we hung out quite a bit. One night at a bonfire I noticed something was wrong with her. When I confronted her she pushed me away as if she was mad at me. I didn’t understand. As the bonfire party died down, due to everyone passed out from all the drinking, I just sat there watching the fire crackle, and in the distance the sun was rising.

She sat next to me and grabbed my hand. My heart was racing! I never got that feeling from someone holding my hand. I asked her what was wrong before, and she asked me if I even liked her. I replied, “No, I love you…….!” And right there and then I leaned in and kissed her. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As our lips met I knew that this girl was the one for me. Of cause, after the kiss I just watched the fire die down with her head on my shoulder as she fell asleep.
The next day we weren’t planning on seeing each other until later in the day because I had to work, and I also had football practice…...

We were planning to meet at one of the last parties of the summer. I arrived earlier then her at the party, and before the party was fully going some guys were getting out of hand. One in particular, was trying to start fights, and he was becoming pretty grabby towards the girls, so I kicked him out and told him to go home.
 I wasn’t thinking about him driving home drunk I was just thinking I wanted him to get out….
. As the party progressed into the morning, I was worried about Morgan…. She never showed up. …..
Not wanting to just send a simple text, I decided I was going to surprise her at her home…. When I pulled into her driveway I noticed her car wasn’t there, but I decided to knock and see if she was home anyways… The second her mom answered the door with tears in her eyes, my heart stopped… Her mom started to cry harder, but she managed to spit out that Morgan’s..car was struck… by a drunk driver last night, ……..and she was killed instantly….. I couldn’t believe what I heard…... I ran back to my truck and drove to where her mom said the accident was. The police were still there, clearing the road of the two wrecked vehicles….. I never screamed so loud in my life. I just kept screaming NO NO NO NO NO! I didn’t want to believe that my girlfriend was dead because of the guy I sent away………

The first love of my life was ripped away from me because I wasn’t thinking that the drunk I sent home had to drive home………. If I would have just used my brain, or I would have picked Morgan up instead of letting her drive alone, maybe just maybe my girlfriend would still be alive………. My senior year was supposed to be the best with my girl at my side……….. But, after the wreck I could barely face anyone. It was my fault in ever way…………

No comments:

Post a Comment